Monday 22 June 2015

Colin Trevorrow's 'Jurassic World' - What Did You Think?






Now you have seen it what did you think? It has been over a week now and the park is open, we have finally returned to the island of  Isla Nublar to meet our favorite dinosaurs and more in Colin Trevorrow's Jurassic World.

This time around the park is now officially opened with thousands of visitors on a daily basis, safety procedures have been put into place to make sure all guest's and visitors to the park are safe, so what could truly go wrong? I will tell you humanity's greed for money/success and wanting better/bigger, my advice stick to the model of Apple and go smaller, at least then you would not have a 50ft dinosaur out there on the lose. Also don't fuck with mother nature and genetic engineer new dinosaurs it can only lead to trouble, and that is what you get a genetic engineered new dinosaur called the Indominus Rex, and yes it is a badass and you would not wan't this thing lose around your theme park.  

 

To get our discussion going, yes Jurassic world is 10 times better then its previous two sequels, but not a patch on the original, but wasn't this going to be obvious, Jurassic park at the time of it's release in the 90's for kids such as myself was mesmerizing, kids had seen nothing like it, a theme park with dinosaurs how cool is that? But you can see that they have tried to model this new movie closer to the first one, and there are a lot of nods to the original and how good of a film it was, which I thought where nice touches.

Despite all the hype of the movie, and the amount of trailers shown leaving up to the and the high expectations I had for the movie, I was not disappointed, I had tremendous amounts of fun and enjoyed the movie, but it did have some minor setbacks.

My biggest problem with the movie was the use of C.G.I, and not as much animatronic's, I felt that the dinosaurs didn't look as scary as in the first film when they where animatronics. I also didn't like and to some this may be a spoiler


SPOILER ALERT ( NOT A BIG ONE) A SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCE, AND NO IT'S NOT JEFF GOLDBLUM, SO IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW CARRY ON READING. IF NOT STOP HERE AND GO AND WATCH THE MOVIE











In the movie there was a special guest appearance by Jimmy Fallon. Jimmy Fallon is not actually in the movie, he is a safety video on a ride, this took me out of the movie for a bit because I hate his head, this is just a personal preference, and I'm sure he is a nice person, but his head is just everywhere and his face is a little annoying, and it annoyed me more as this role could have easily been played by Jeff Goldblum, and that would have made that seen a lot more memorable and great.

But apart from those few minor set backs, Jurassic World was a great and enjoyable movie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment