Friday 26 June 2015

Harry Potter stage play to premiere in the West End next summer

Source: www.thestage.co.uk

OK, I do not usually write about stage productions, but this has caught my attention, as I am a fan of the Harry Potter franchise. 

A new Harry Potter stage play will go in to production and will Premiere in the West End next summer.

The stage play will be based on a story created by JK Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, The play will be titled, Harry Potter And The Cursed Child and will open at the Palace Theatre summer of next year. 


 Rowling via twitter has confirmed the play would not be a prequel.
She added: “It will tell a new story, which is the result of a collaboration between writer Jack Thorne, director John Tiffany and myself. I don't want to say too much more, because I don't want to spoil what I know will be a real treat for fans.”
Continuing, she said: “To answer one inevitable (and reasonable) question – why isn't Cursed Child a new novel? – I am confident that when audiences see the play they will agree that it was the only proper medium for the story. I've had countless offers to extend Harry's story over the years, but Jack, John and Sonia Friedman are a dream team. It has been a huge pleasure to share with them (and soon, with you) this untold part of Harry's story.”

No comments:

Post a Comment