Wednesday 15 July 2015

TILDA SWINTON CONFIRMS ROLE AS ANCIENT ONE IN "DOCTOR STRANGE"






It has been rumored since around May, that Tilda Swinton would be playing the role of 

The Ancient One in Marvel Studio's Doctor Strange.

In an interview with ScreenCrush Swinton has confirmed that she will be playing this role. 

The Ancient one is depicted as a male character in the Marvel comics, and was first introduced in 
1963's issue #110 of Strange Tales by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko.
The following is what Swinton had to say on the matter.

"I just really liked the premise of this and the idea of playing this character. I'm a Marvel fan and I think this particular world that Doctor Strange goes into is really, really, really exciting," she said, adding, "The idea of playing The Ancient One is really just too tickling. I can’t say no to that!""I’m not prepared at all to be bored by this. I’m really looking forward to it," she concluded.

Directed by Scott Derrickson and starring Benedict Cumberbatch in the title role, "Doctor Strange" is scheduled for release on Nov. 4, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment