Tuesday 17 November 2015

Christopher Nolan’s ‘Memento’ Bound for a Remake

Source:collider.com
For those of you who haven't seen Memento. Christopher 

Nolan's 2000 masterpiece, do as it is brilliant. Back in 2000 

Memento was nominated for two Oscars best writing and 

best Editing, and I can see why. When Memento was

released it was quite fresh, new and different, I must advice

though DO NOT WATCH IF YOU HAVE SMOKED A JOINT. 

When Memento came out I was about 15 - 16, so yes I was 

at college, and like most college students I was drinking and

smoking pot, any way lets just say my head popped a little. 

Back To The Article At Hand

It seems that AMBI Pictures, which acquired the rights to 

Memento along with a number of other cult classic films, is 

set to finance and produce a remake of the hit film Memento

but I'm afraid to say this will not work in today's time, and not 

only that a classic will be destroyed. 

Below you can read what AMBI'S Andrea Lervolino said 

about the original film, and the reasoning behind what will 

be a straight to video flop.
“’Memento’ has been consistently ranked as one of the best films of its decade. People who’ve seen ‘Memento’ 10 times still feel they need to see it one more time. This is a quality we feel really supports and justifies a remake. The bar is set high thanks to the brilliance or [sic] Christopher Nolan, but we wouldn’t want it any other way.”
I'm sorry to say that this will be one re-make that I will not 

be watching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment