Tuesday 26 May 2015

Cary Fukunaga Drops Out of Stephen King’s ‘IT’ adaption (Bad Choice For New Line)

Source /film



OK so if I am to be completely honest this news has pissed me of a little, I believe it has been a good five years if not longer in the making, and as soon as I heard about a remake to Stephen Kings IT I was a little excited, then every thing went quiet for a while. We then got news IT was back up and running with Carey Fukunaga on board to direct, and then we had the news that Pennywise the clown was cast with actor Will Poulter taking on the role. When that news was cast I was shocked, it was far from who I had predicted or would have liked to have played Pennywise but the bowl was moving.

Then just as I got onboard with Wil Poulter playing the part, it is now reported Cary Fukunaga as dropped out as director. It is reported that Fukunaga has dropped out after clashing with the studio and going heads with the studio over budget cuts to the project and about his vision of the project.

It is believed Fukunaga so the movie in two pars the first following the cast of characters in there youth and the second when they are adults and to make it a little arty and in the vain of Stanley Kubrick's The Shinning, which in our opinion is how it should be, but in contrast New Line wanted a single movie, and the movie to be more commercial.

I think New Line have made a big mistake here, what are your thoughts?  



No comments:

Post a Comment