Sunday 12 April 2015

DARE DEVIL EPISODE 1 = INTO THE RING

Hello everyone so here is my first review ever and recap, this weekend as we all know we where all anticipating and getting excited (well I know I was) for Marvels Dare Devil. I was a little skeptic as we all know that Marvel comics, movies and television shows are very light and humorous in comparison to the much darker world of DC, but this was Marvel like we have never seen it before it was very dark and gritty.

 EPISODE RECAP

                                                                                                                           














When daredevil kicks off we have no real origins story, Matt Murdock played fantastically by British Actor (Charlie Cox) is already operating as a costumed vigilante, but not in the outfit that we have all come to love and know, oh no he just wears a black t-shirt and trousers, with a black stocking type bandanna around his face, well this is by night, by day we get to see him opening at his new law firm with his best pal Froggy Nelson (Elden Henson) in the Hell's Kitchen area of New York (yes hell's kitchen, all I kept thinking all episode was OK then when is Gordon Ramsey going to show up, or wouldn't it be funny, if Gordon Ramsey shaved of his hair and he was the king pin). Anyway back to the recap the first client for the duo is a young lady client by the name of Karen Page (Deborah AnnWoll), Karen is a young women who is first framed for the murder of a man who works at her office, but then targeted to be killed after she uncovers a scam at her work place. Mr Merdock and his not so funny partner Foggy manage to clear Page's name, and as she has no money to pay them the duo take her on as a new employee.

EPISODE NOTES 















As mentioned above, there was no real origins story, but you are given the feeling that we will learn a lot more about Merdock's pass through flashback in later episodes.

In the opening fight scene we have a group of criminals trafficking young lady's on the dock's and can I say DareDevil kicks some ass, at this moment I had the wife, yes you heard me correctly the wife tutting, I could deal with this I could not believe that I even managed to get her to watch it, anyway the tut was that, how is this man swinging himself around like this if he is blind, fer comment love, but now please shut up. Anyway I found the fight scenes to be beautifully choreographed and violent yes, violent these where no wishey woshey kapow marvel, this was true grit, and you did truly feel that Matt Merdock was one tough nut and a force to be reckoned with, but still there was realism as Matt Merdock himself was taking a lot of punch's and leaving battles with a few cuts and bruises of his own.

We are introduced to many villains in the episode, and we know that all these villain's are obviously working under the rule of the Kingpin, and enough is said in the episode to get the feeling that the kingpin is going to be a big deal, and I am hoping that (Vincent D'onofrio) will pull it off, as he literally has some big shoes to fill.

So they you have it, short and sweet. I have deliberately kept the review short and sweet in hopes not to give to much away and too many spoilers. But I can say a great first episode, with too much for me to cover here but I believe it's going to be good.

So keep coming back and check out what I have to say about the rest of the series, but I will leave you with a comment from the wife, because I feel like she does deserve her input.

'' I'm still trying to get my head around Blind Shinobi''

There you have it the wife's thoughts, anyway I'm going to leave you now and go off and continue with this great series, and in the words of Arnie '' I'll Be Back''



No comments:

Post a Comment