Wednesday 2 September 2015

Kenneth Branagh to Direct Artemis Fowl Movie

Source:Comingsoon.net
Way way back I believe it was around 2013, the Emperor 

known as Walt Disney and The Weinstein Company 

announced there plans to develop an adaption to the hit book

series Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer.

It seems that those plans are now moving forward, as today 

The Tracking Board reports, that the great Kenneth Branagh 

The man behind Thor and Cinderella has signed on to 

develop and direct the adaption. 



Back when the movie was first announced in 2013, the 

screenplay was planned to be written by Harry Potter and 

the order of the phoenix scribe Michael Goldenberg, but 

todays update via variety, suggess that Irish playwright 

Conor McPherson has been approached to write the 

screenplay.

Who is excited for this movie?

I for one was very excited for this movie, when I thought it 

was some other children's book that I had read (can not 

remember the name of it) but now come to realise, that I 

have never read the Artemis Fowl books, so now I am 

unsure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment