Sunday 23 August 2015

'Bored to Death’ Creator Jonathan Ames Gives an Update on the Movie’s Progress



As we all know Jonathan Ame's the created of the Emmy - 

award winning HBO series 'Bored To Death' is doing the 

media rounds for his new up and coming show ' Blunt Talk', 

staring the great Patrick Stewart. It would only be obvious

then that they would be mention of the 'Bored To Death' 

movie, and if we will ever see one?

For those of you that are unfamiliar with 'Bored To Death',

the series was a kind of noir comedy that stared Jason 

Schwartzman as  a struggling writer masquerading as a 

private detective. The series ran for three seasons between

2009 - 2011. The last we heard about a movie was way back 

in 2012 when HBO was mullling over a feature film for a 

fitting send of for the show after deciding not to renew it. 

We now have more on the process of the movie, thanks to 

our folks over at Collider .

Collider: I’m a big fan of Bored to Death so I have to ask, is there any movement on anything, or is it quiet time?
 Jonathan Ames: What I like is that, in some ways, it’s still very much alive, people keep asking me about it, which is great. I’ve written two drafts of a Bored to Death movie, but I don’t know that they’re quite right so I’m going to take a third crack at it at some point. But we do have Jason Schwartzman in this first season of Blunt Talk. Again, that was a very memorable scene. I don’t want to give too much away but Jason has always reminded me of a young Al Pacino, so we have an homage to Dog Day Afternoon with [him] and Patrick. So, for fans of Bored to Death, you’ll have a little bit of Jason Schwartzman, and other characters that were on that show. I had the actors – Brett Gelman, John Hodgman – different characters, wonderful characters in Blunt Talk.
So they you have it folks, script's are been written, but I do 

think, we are in for one hell of a wait. 


No comments:

Post a Comment